- Apple Mail
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2007
These instructions explain how to integrate an SMTP server to an existing Apple Mail Account.
To add SMTP settings:
Go to Mail > Preferences. On the account, you want to edit, click Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), and select Edit SMTP Server List…
- Click the + under the list of SMTP servers, and add a new one.
- Enter the following details in the following screen:
1-Server Name: smtp.Pepipost.net
3-Ports: Use default ports
4-Encryption: Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
6-User Name: Pepipost account username
7-Password: Pepipost account password.
- When you write an email, you can chose the outgoing server you want to use, from the dropdown below the Subject field. Once you do this selection, it is remembered and can be changed if required. This way, you can send individual messages to your regular SMTP, and the messages you need to send through Pepipost can go through us.
- Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to add SMTP API headers to a message in Mail.
- Sometimes, the way mail attaches images is not compatible with other email readers. To learn how to correct it, click here.
For sending mails through Thunderbird, you need to change the outgoing server settings in Thunderbird. You can also include an SMTP API header in your emails if you want to leverage categories or other features of the SMTP API when sending mail via the Thunderbird client. To integrate Pepipost with Thunderbird:
- Go to Tools > Account Settings.
- Enter the following:
i. Description – Pepipost Connection
ii. Server Name – smtp.Pepipost.net
iii. Port – 465
iv. Connection security – SSL/TLS
v. Authentication method – Normal password
vi. User Name – your Pepipost.com username
- To incorporate SMTP API headers, select Tools | Options (Win) or Thunderbird | Preferences (Mac) from the menu in Thunderbird. – Open the “Advanced” category and go to the “General” tab. – Click “Config Editor“.
- Do the following:
1-Enter “mail.compose.other.header” under “Filter:”
6-5-Close the configuration editor and preferences dialog.
Restart Thunderbird for the changes to take effect.
Now, while you create a mail message, click the drop down option that will now allow you to add a header of the type “X-SMTPAPI” in addition to “To”
- The ‘Account Settings’ window appears.
1-Select the account through which you receive e-mail, and click the ‘Change’ button.
- ‘Change Account’ window appears.
1-Set the Outgoing Mail Server to smtp.Pepipost.net Under Login Information, enter your Pepipost username and password
Click ‘More Settings’ button and enter the information as shown below. (Keep in mind you can also use port 25 with no security or 587 with TLS security.)
Under the “Outgoing Server Tab”, check mark “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click “Log on using” and enter your Pepipost Username and Password. Click ‘OK’ and you should return to the ‘Change E-mail Account’ window.
- Once you are back on the Change Account screen, click “Next >” to test that everything is setup correctly.
- If all the configuration is done correctly, you should be able to see the following:
- You have now successfully integrated your Outlook with Pepipost. If you need support, please contact Pepipost Support team.
The instructions below guide you how to add an SMTP server to an existing Outlook 2007 account.
Go to Tools > Account Settings. The Account Settings window should appear.
- Select the account you receive e-mail through and click Change. TheChange E-mail Account window appears
- Do the setting as shown in the red rectangle and then click More Settings. The Internet E-mail Settings window appears.
- Click Outgoing Server tab and enter the Pepipost credentials.
- Click the Advanced tab and enter the information. <no screenshot or detail available in Pepipost, will have to check and provide>
- Click OK to return to the Change E-mail Account window.
- Click Test Account Settings to verify if you are able to receive and send mail successfully.
You should be able to see the following. If not, then verify your settings. Click Close.
Click Next and then Finish to complete the setup.